Located in the midst of the dynamic metropolitan area of the Ruhr, in the heart of Europe, the Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) with its 20 faculties, RUB’s disciplinary institutional units, is home to over 43,000 students from 130 countries. All the great scientific disciplines are united on one compact campus. The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is on its way to becoming one of the leading European universities of the 21st century. Almost all courses are offered as bachelor's and master's degree programmes.
The excellent programmes have made themselves an international name: RUB Research School as an international college for structured doctoral research in life sciences, natural sciences, engineering, humanities and social sciences; the Cluster of Excellence RESOLV (Ruhr Explores Solvation); interfaculty and interdisciplinary Research Departments, which are mutually, nationally and internationally networked, sharpen the profile of the RUB. Added to this is an unsurpassed programme for the promotion of Early Career Researchers and an excellent infrastructure.
What makes it all come alive is the people who meet on campus with their thirst for knowledge, their curiosity, and their commitment. They help to shape the RUB and their open-mindedness makes the RUB to an attractive place for people from all over the world.
- Faculty of Protestant Theology
- Faculty of Catholic Theology
- Faculty of Philosophy and Educational Research
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Philology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of East Asian Studies
- Faculty of Sport Science
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Physics and Astronomy
- Faculty of Geosciences
- Faculty of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology
- Faculty of Medicine